I can’t do the splits, but I sure do make a mean clean banana split! Just in time for the summer and here to curb all your ice cream cravings, I made a clean version of an old dirty classic 😉
1 small banana (mine was 94g)
1 cookie dough quest bar
1/2 cup vanilla bean halo top ice cream
1/2 cup blueberries
1 tbsp natural peanut butter/almond butter (I used Justin’s maple almond butter)
10g dark chocolate chips
2 crushed walnuts
1/4 tbsp honey
2 tbsp fat free whipped cream
1. Carefully slice your banana in half the long way. As you can see, mine broke a bit, but it really didn’t affect the taste/structure.
2. Lay out in a banana boat if you have one, I didn’t so I used a plate.
3. Cut up your quest bar into multiple pieces and roll into little cookie dough pieces.
4. Heat up your dark chocolate chips in a microwave for about 55 seconds and mix together to form some sauce. **I also like to heat up my blueberries in a pan sprayed down with pam for about 1-2 minutes**
5. Put your ice cream in between your banana slices and top with the chocolate first so that it instantly forms a hard shell.
6. Proceed to throw all the toppings in between/around your banana.
7. Eat 🙂