Hash browns are delicious, just not nutritious. I made a guilt free semi hashbrown/semi mashed potato concoction that I like to call the fall sweet potato patty! I started working on it in the fall, but perfected it last week :)
130g Japanese sweet potato
2 tbsp unsweetened dried cranberries
1/2 tsp garlic paste
2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1/4 chopped onion
salt to taste
1. Poke holes in the sweet potato, wrap it in a paper towel, and microwave on one side for 4 minutes and then flip over and microwave the other side for 4 minutes. Peel the potato and leave put it in bowl. Pour 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk onto the potato, add salt to taste, and mash with a spoon.
2. In a pan, spray some pam and put in the unsweetened cranberries, garlic paste, and onions. Cook on low till the onions pale.
3. Add the cranberry-onion mix to the sweet potato bowl and mash everything together. With your hands or a spoon, make 3 balls out of the mashed potato mix.
4. Spray more pam on the pan and put in the three patties. Cook on low for 2-3 minutes and then flip the patties over. They should be nice and golden brown on each side.
5. Enjoy your delicious complex carbs :)